Responsible Tourism Policy, Celticos Wales
Responsible Tourism Policy, Celticos, Wales
Responsible Tourism places equal importance on the following issues:
- Social and Cultural
Responsible Tourism is much more than" eco or green" tourism as it must consider the needs and quality of life of the local community, enhance and respect cultural and local traditions, and contribute to local economic prosperity as well as enhancing, or at least minimising, damage to the environment. Working partnerships is essential for the success of Responsible Tourism from local businesses, local and national government organisations, and the local community as a whole.
Sadly one important issue is often forgotten when policy and plans are set, that being the Customer, the Tourist.
It is easy to write policies but much harder to put these policies into practice. See greenwashing.net
“We, the tourism, marketing and Customer Care Service at Conwy, Gwynedd and the Isle of Anglesey Council fully support the principles of Responsible Tourism and sincerely hope that Celticos can strive to improve and benefit Conwy, Gwynedd and the Isle of Anglesey’s economy through its delivery.”
Statement of intent.
Celticos is committed to Responsible Tourism and we will:
- inform employees and clients of our Environmental, Social and Economical standards, guidance and information within our Responsible Tourism policy;
- use and encourage the use of local produce and services;
- develop long term working relationships with local suppliers and help new businesses;
- make positive contributions to the environment by studying our walking routes, and we will refrain from using some sections of these routes during certains times of year in order to protect sensitive areas;
- introduce our customers to Welsh local community life, through direct participation, observation and arranging cultural talks;
- encourage our customers to speak Welsh, if only a few phrases;
- promote out of season winter holidays to extend the holiday season;
- ensure no littering or damage occurs on our walking routes;
- support environmental projects in the pursuance of sustaining Responsible Tourism for future generations to experience and enjoy.
We review our Responsible Tourism policy every 12 months. Udated 10/04/12
To learn more about Responsible Tourism please visit the ICRT website.
|The International Centre for Responsible Tourism based at the Leeds Metropolitan University. More Info.
|Celticos is working closely with The Snowdonia National Park in preparing joint ventures for the near future. More Info. Also working closely with Green-Snowdonia|
|Celitcos is working closely with Nature's Work
|Celticos has made links with our local university at Bangor to gain and develop expertise as part of working on future projects. More Info.|
This year Celticos has employed people under the GoWales scheme. This scheme supports Welsh businesses, students and graduates. More Info.